OPINION
From The Editor

Introducing The Terabyte Tribune

"The future of tech, filtered for fact"

May 13, 2024

By Josh Levin

You may have seen a few articles posted sporadically over the course of the last year, but I am proud to formally introduce The Terabyte Tribune to the world.

To explain why I’m starting this site, I have to introduce myself. My name is Josh Levin, and I’m the editor in chief of The Terabyte Tribune. In the fall, I will be a freshman at the University of Massachusetts Boston.

For the last four years, I worked for my high school’s nationally-recognized student newspaper, where I received four years of rigorous journalism training and covered stories which were picked up by professional media.

During that time, my teacher and adviser drilled into me the standard of excellence that we held ourselves to as student journalists: Fact-check every sentence of every story. Double check the spelling and accuracy of every name, then do it again. Scrutinize every word and punctuation mark to ensure it belongs. And, most importantly, never express your opinion about a story you covered, as doing so jeopardizes not just the credibility of your story, but your credibility as a journalist.

My goal for The Terabyte Tribune is to uphold these same standards while covering the technology industry. Beginning next week, I will publish one full-length article weekly. Throughout the rest of the week, I will post news briefs, called Kilobytes, when news is time sensitive.

You can find everything I publish right here on terabytetribune.com, or on any of our social media platforms. You can also subscribe to my newsletter to get the latest Terabyte Tribune stories delivered right to your inbox.

Long-term, I would love to expand The Terabyte Tribune to cover even more of the industry. For now, though, it’s just me writing as much as I can.

I can’t promise to be the first one on a given story, or even that I’ll get to every story. What I can promise is that when The Terabyte Tribune publishes a story, I’ve done my best to make sure it’s the best one you’ll find.

Sincerely,
Josh Levin
Editor in Chief

Josh Levin is the founder and editor in chief of The Terabyte Tribune, handling all aspects of operations and coverage. He can be reached via email at [email protected]

Comments